Job Category: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Job Number: 11137870
Pay Rate: 21.63
Under direction of the Shipping Manager and/or Director of Logistics & Facilities, Shipping Lead (Coordinator) is responsible for operating the Distribution Center and staff efficiently and effectively on a day to day basis.
- Works with Import/Export of U.S. Customer material.
- Successfully train and develop current and new staff members as needed.
- Successfully Manage and order inventory on a daily/weekly basis.
- Review all inventory related spreadsheets daily to ensure proper stock in the Distribution Center, and to determine when to adjust inventory levels.
- Manage and complete daily cycle counts of applicable inventory.
- Prepare all items to be shipped based on new orders.
- Receive all new shipments. Inspect imported/exported goods and report any damage immediately to the Director of Logistics & Facilities.
- Maintain and coordinate internal documents and U.S. Customs Documents with Director of Logistics & Facilities
- Notify appropriate parties of shipments received.
- Place all items received for stock into their appropriate locations.
- Ensure proper rotation of product each time an item is received and conduct weekly checks to ensure no outdated product is stocked in the Distribution Center.
- Maintain the warehouse area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding employment, safety and compliance and report any concerns of non-compliance in any area to your manager immediately.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Shipment Manager or Director of Logistics & Facilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 yrs. Working in a medium to large scale product warehouse operation
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Proficiency with MS-Office software
- International shipping experience preferred.
- Non-Climate control warehouse, exposure to temperature changes
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions and may be stressful at times.
- Lifting, Pulling, pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.