201 E 3rd Street , Po Box 70
United States of America
Job Category: None
Job Number: 311486
Pay Rate: $13.75 / hour
We are seeking a hard-working and reliable Line Support worker to join our growing operation. In this role, you may work in the in roasting, canning line mixing, production, high speed line doing various jobs such as packing, sorting, dumping, boxing and making boxes, scanning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Packer turns and picks up from behind by hand an empty box or tray and places it on the rolling conveyor.
- A bag of nuts comes down moving conveyor, packer counts bags and picks bags up by hand packer must place bags of nuts into boxes or trays until full.
- Packer then pushes by hand the full box or tray down the rolling conveyor (approx. 5-10 lb boxes)
- When there is downtime packer will do housekeeping and re-work on their line and make up cardboard boxes or trays.
- Material handler brings to conveyor a pallet of empty plastic jars where packer picks up 4 empty plastic jars at a time and places by hand onto moving conveyor.
- As machine fills empty plastic jars of nuts you will have some jars that are kicked out due to light weight, extra nuts are placed in jar by hand and weighed on scale then placed back on moving conveyor where machine puts lid and label on full jars. (Nuts can only be added to lines of plain nuts, mixed product must be sent to re-work/mixing.)
- Jar will go through the capper which will place a lid on jar, EE must stand on side of capper and push the cap down and twist cap to tighten, this position must rotate every 1-2 hours due to this motion, EE will be rotating with 2-3 other EE’s this could consist of packing, labeling/making boxes, sliding boxes through tape machine, or tapping/tightening caps.
- After full jar is labeled packer then picks up jar by hand and places it into empty cardboard tray and then pushed by hand on rolling conveyor to be taped/palletized.
- When there is downtime packer will do housekeeping and re-work on their line and make up cardboard trays.
- Makes up by hand cardboard boxes or cardboard trays and stacks by hand on empty wooden pallet placed on floor by material handler. The pallet of empty cardboard boxes or trays will be moved by manual pallet jack behind packer by the end of production line palletizer. RE-WORK: Open up by hand or safety knives bags/jars of re-work nuts and pour product into empty super sack that plastic bags cover inside of empty super sack until it is full. Once full must notify FLO so product will be taken to designated area.
- HOUSEKEEPING: Around machine and re-work area, sweep up excess nuts and pick up excess empty plastic bags off floor place in 55 gal trash barrel.
- EE may be doing several different positions within this line.
- EE may be looking in scanner to make sure jars are dated and have a barcode.
- EE may be adding extra nuts/mix to jars being kicked out due to weight.
- EE may have to make sure caps are tight on jars.
- EE may have to manually mix product up stairs as product may not be mix well enough to go in jars.
- EE will be standing during shift, EE must scan any and all pallets of product that the FLO will take by them.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to work on your feet for 10 hour shifts and lift up to 50lbs
- Good Communication Skills
- Submit to Drug Screen and Background Search
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply in person at 2516 Ward Blvd., Wilson NC 27893 or online at www.megaforce.com. For additional information, contact our office at (252) 237-3604.