Southern Pines, NC
Mega Force Staffing has an immediate opening for a Lab Technician in Raeford, NC.
- Degree in food science preferred. Microbiology or biology or meat science acceptable
- No degree is fine if they have microbiology lab experience
- Primary job duties would be fat and moisture testing using CEM Smart System, Salt using an autotitrator, and assisting in micro testing. Microbiology testing includes plating using Petrifilm, VIDAS and BAX pathogen testing, Biomerioux Tempo
- Some work on the production floor is necessary to collect product samples and taking air samples
- Routine lab paperwork, picking up and putting away supplies, other routine day to day lab work as needed
- Need to be able to distinguish colors
- Some of our microbiology testing requires determining the color of a bacterial colony as it grows on a agar plate
- Colors can range from black, gray, blue, pink, red, purple, green, etc.
Hours of availability: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm Flexible Schedule
Assignment Duration: Approximately 8 Weeks
Employment Status: Possibility of Transitioning into Full Time
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Job Requirements: Must be willing to submit to drug & background screening.
Please apply in person at:
Mega Force Staffing
1295 Old US Hwy 1 South
Southern Pines, NC 28387