Job Category: Janitors
Job Number: 10293799
Pay Rate: 12
Custodian in Fayetteville, NC
We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.G. Soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by watering plants, cleaning entrances
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Submit to Drug Screen and Background Search
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply in person at 1001 Hay St Fayetteville NC or online at www.Megaforce.Com. For additional information contact our office at (910) 484-0133.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.