Job Category: Machinists
Job Number: 10972014
Pay Rate: 18
Bibey Machine and Fabrication
CNC Mill Machinist
A CNC Mill Machinist operates machine tools and holds tolerances of machined material to drawing specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned. Employee must safely perform all duties.
- Safely set up, program and operate 2-axis CNC mill to produce parts as required by job order.
- Operate safely various saws, grinders, sanders, hoists, and other machine shop equipment as required.
- Safely operate forklift as required.
- Perform maintenance on assigned machines.
- Maintain housekeeping duties in order to keep work area neat, clean, safe and stocked.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman or other members of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow directions, complies with standards of performance, and makes corrections when instructed.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including being available for overtime and on-call assignments.
- Ability to read and write at a level sufficient to complete basic paperwork associated with the job, such as timesheets and written job-related reports.
- Ability to operate a forklift at the location that you work.
- Meet company drug screen, criminal background and driving record standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, reach, feel by touch, stoop, kneel, bend and crouch. Employee spends the majority of the day standing at a machine station.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision.
The work environment will frequently contain one or more of the following: loud machine noises, risk of cuts, abrasions, electrical shock, vibration and pinch points from high speed cutting devices and pressing devices. Personal Protective Equipment, engineering controls, defined procedures and specialized training are provided to reduce hazard exposure risks.
A CNC Mill Machinist typically works an assigned 10-hour shift Monday through Thursday. In addition, the Machinist may be subject to an on-call schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Likewise, hours may be reduced during periods of reduced workload or demand.
A CNC Mill Machinist is required to wear long pants, heavy duty work shoes, and shirts appropriate for a machine shop (not loose, baggy or ripped).