Responsible for accounting functions including month end processes, reconciliations, Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, sales commissions, and accounts payable.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to accounts documenting business transactions. Prepares GL Account and Bank Reconciliations.
- Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize the company’s financial position.
- Maintains Accounting Policy database.
- Conducts all Sarbanes-Oxley controls testing. Identifies controls gaps and develops and implements appropriate control procedures to resolve control deficiencies.
- Assists in preparation for internal and external audits.
- Develop financial analysis and cost accounting skills.
- Serves as backup for payroll and AP functions.
- Manages and processes commission payments and contracts for third party sales reps.
- Maintains customer rebate agreements and accruals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in accounting or finance. CPA or CMA preferred.
- Experience with Financial controls (SOX) within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and GAAP.
- Experience data-mining/creating queries within an AS400 environment.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Proven track record of working in a team environment with a variety of departments
- Experience working with an ERP system (MAPICS, SAP, Oracle, etc) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient at the following:
- Must have very strong PC skills with Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel (advanced). Proficiency in Microsoft access is also preferred.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy required
- This position requires someone who is self motivated, analytical problem solver and has excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal and skills.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, ensuring completion.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy required.
- Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time required.