Mega Force Staffing is hiring a production supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct job duties in a safe and efficient work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Act as a working supervisor, fill in where needed, and perform all functions necessary to maintain scheduled production requirements.
- Review production demands (orders) as needed and assist in scheduling all work centers to satisfy the production demand on a timely basis.
- Delegate assignments to all departments and work centers on a daily basis and among shifts.
- Ensure all work centers are prepared for scheduled production and that all materials, CNC programs, setups, and production documentation are present and correct to enable timely and continuous production.
- Create, review and/or edit shop work orders as required.
- Provide materials from inventory to ensure maximum sales margin while ensuring optimal use of undesirable material in accordance with company policy.
- Utilize the designated scheduling system to facilitate all production requirements.
- Coordinate with the Production Lead(s) and Administrative Assistant to ensure adequate supply of raw materials for production needs. Assist with table loading as required.
- Evaluate non-steel material requirements (i.e., paint, hardware, miscellaneous material) and ensure an adequate supply is available in a timely manner. Issue purchase requisitions as needed to Administrative Assistant.
- Inspect progress of workers’ assignments daily. Record, evaluate and report progress and production rates and tendencies as required.
- Ensure production workers perform inspections in accordance with the quality control standards and order requirements. Serve a secondary Quality Control inspector.
- Ensure complete documentation of parts inspected on appropriate paperwork as required.
- Ensure complete and ACCURATE documentation of all materials consumed and proper accounting of all finished product produced.
- Ensure production setups are completed as required.
- Report equipment malfunctions to Maintenance Manager on duty immediately and Plant Manager.
- Read and interpret blueprints and job specifications as required.
- Ensure all work centers are prepared and ready for the following shift. This includes cleaning and organizing.
- Manages personnel related matters of production workers as needed, including time clock administration, performance reviews, corrective action and discipline, and the administration of all Eddie Kane Steel employment policies.
- Perform job related procedural and safety training as needed.
- Function as backup for any and all positions within the production area during scheduled work breaks, call-offs, or as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or as needed.
- Develop and maintain an effective production operation team through being involved with the selection process, proper training and education, advise on competitive compensation, motivation, termination and review of department employees.
- Direct and supervise all production employees to ensure goals are established and achieved for the value-added production/warehouse area.
- Forward-thinking, with focus on quality and customer service, solutions and continual improvements with a focus on Lean Processing and Value-Added activities.
- Focus on efficiencies and time- and labor-saving steps; cost reduction; increased profitability
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent. Management training and supervisory experience necessary.
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Oral & Written Communications skills
- Reading skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Planning and Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Math skills
- Computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and drafting programs
To learn more about this excellent opportunity please apply at Mega Force Staffing: 2001 W 15th Street Washington, N.C.