Plant Yard Supervisor
Mega Force Staffing is hiring a plant yard supervisor.
Responsible for; maintaining the safety of employees in the main yard facility, the accuracy of the steel inventory coming into and out of the facility, ensuring the company’s assets are protected and maintained, providing leadership to his/hers assigned team and communicating effectively with peer and support team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the loading and unloading trucks and railcars in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
- Inspect randomly the on-site physical inventory which includes reviewing the storage tags, location, checking and recording any defects, gauging and measuring material in accordance with the Quality Manual provided by EKSP Corporate.
- Work closely with Cut Deck Supervisor on coordinating work activities, staff and materials to ensure the most cost effective, accurate and safe means of accomplishing production goals.
- Plan, direct and support assigned EKSP and TEMP staff daily.
- Clean and Maintain work area, assigned support equipment and Heavy Lifting Equipment daily.
- Review daily inspection of truck equipment as assigned.
- Participate in daily Production Meetings to provide accurate and up to date information on production goals and assignments.
- Communicate in a direct, honest and accurate manner at all times.
- Train and develop new TEMP and new EKSP to perform at the highest possible level
- Be a motivator and a coach; provide exceptional leadership and motivation fort staff.
- Support the cycle counts as directed by Administrative Assistant and Physical Inventory Coordinator of all As-Is plates, Drops, and parts in accordance to a quarterly schedule that allows for a complete, all-inclusive cycle count by the end of each QUARTER.
- Verify that all transfer & move sheets are filled out correctly and locations are routinely updated in the steel program.
- Quarantine all internal and returned external rejections into the Non-Conformance Material (NCM) area. For internal rejection, keep records of part numbers, quantities, burn operator who produced the parts and NCM reason. All NCM parts are to be moved into the designated NCM area. No parts can be scraped without going through this process.
- Using plate pick lists provided by the programming department, locate all required material. Dig out and transfer all necessary material to specified locations for value added orders.
- Work with programmers to use all aged or challenged material to ensure undesirable material is used whenever possible.
- Maintain good communication with programmers and CAD Production to ensure smooth work flow through-out the shop.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Become familiar with all EKSP forms, documents, reports related to your job function, including but not limited to forms and reports related to inventory, logistics, & production/operations departments
- Maintain neat and accurate written documentation as required.
- Reports to and communicate all pertinent job-related information to Plant Manager on a daily basis.
- Forward-thinking while learning from errors, with focus on quality and customer service, solutions and continual improvements
- Focus on efficiencies and time- and labor-saving steps; cost reduction; increased profitability
- Conduct job duties in a safe and efficient manner. Abide by all safety policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Promptly report any accidents, incidents, near misses or hazardous conditions to your supervisor
- Performs all duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to lift 75 lbs; dexterity skills and balance
- Basic reading and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Basic computer skills and calculator
To learn more about this excellent opportunity please apply at Mega Force Staffing: 2001 W 15th Street Washington, N.C.