Plant Process Technician
Chatham, VA 24531
Mega Force Staffing of Eden, NC is currently seeking a Plant Process Technician for a facility in Chatham, VA. This is an excellent temp-to-hire opportunity at a facility with an outstanding safety culture. If you are seeking a career with excellent growth potential and pay, this is the position for you!
The Process Technician controls, operates, and tends to equipment in which a chemical change or reaction takes place in the processing of industrial or consumer products. Typical equipment used includes: K-52, K54, Kettles and Thinning Tanks, raw material storage, and blend tanks or batch treating equipment. This role reports to a Production Supervisor/Manager, Lead, or Plant Manager and is responsible to ensure the daily production plan is met.
Responsibilities include operation of kettles, unloading of raw materials, loading and drumming of finished products, maintenance of equipment, preparing and maintaining process records, sampling and quality testing, and other general production activities or duties as assigned.
- Responsible to see that all tests are performed per SPs
- Ensure all discrepancies are reported to QCM
- Assist in ensuring plant operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, according to regulatory and corporate requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the production schedule as posted by management
- Maintain workplace safety and housekeeping duties as needed
- Participate in training in accordance with the training matrix
- Perform general reception during off hours when office personnel is away
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment during production
- Report need for repairs and maintenance on equipment
- Ship materials to fill orders in accordance with PWIs and SPs
- Receive materials into plant in accordance with PWIs and SPs
- Responsible for ensuring the plant is clean and orderly through duties listed on clean up lists or as assigned
- Meet duties assigned on daily work sheet, including blending and assisting in charging reactors
- Report material needed to fill order demands for production
- Perform other duties as needed
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
Job Requirements: Recent experience in an industrial environment, ability to communicate, read and understand information and ideas in writing, as well as perform basic math calculations consisting of metric weight conversions. Must have the ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have one year of recent sit-down forklift experience. Must have a valid drivers license, and must be and remain clean-shaved and comfortable wearing an air-purifying respirator (experience wearing a respirator is highly preferred).
How to apply:
Please call Rebeca at (336) 627-6628, or apply in person at Mega Force Staffing Monday through Friday, 9-11AM & 2-4PM.
Mega Force Staffing
220 E. Meadow Road, Suite 10
Eden, NC 27288