Materials Planner II NPD/SPD
Greenville, NC 27858
Mega Force Staffing is recruiting for a Materials Planner II for a client in Greenville, NC. The role of the Materials Planner II NPD/SPD (Temporary) position plays an important role in ensuring the effective management of raw material supply. The position will provide suppliers with accurate scheduled orders and forecast requirements to meet NPD / NSP (New SPED) product parts. This role also coordinates the delivery of materials from suppliers to Manufacturing Plants in support of SOP launches and NSP parts for truck builds. The role will include ownership in developing process controls to drive inventory reduction in NPD and NSP parts. The individual in this role will be responsible for metrics and tracking that outlines overall improvements in the Supply Chain delivery of all NPD /SPD parts to support plant production , supplier on-time delivery, and oversight and facilitation of the transition of our supplier portal over to resources in our Indian IPO location.
- Confirmation of Product Availability on NPD/NSP parts covering build plans to meet HYG customer order delivery dates.
- Demonstrated order alignment with production schedules with confirmation of on-time deliveries.
- Identify adverse trends in delivery/quality performance, monitor improvement commitments and if necessary make recommendations to Divisional Purchasing to consider resourcing.
- Develop improved communications of potential component supply issues that may impact the production plan.
- Firm up production schedules and improve internal communications.
- Improvement of MRP integrity, plant ordering systems and suppliers delivery schedule.
- Effectively manage working capital level and project launch cost.
- Ensure on-time delivery and meeting SOP/B-build launches.
- Confirmation on correct quantities and MRP due dates are met to comply with production needs and inventory levels.
- Reduce down time in the replenishment of inventory to support truck builds.
- Provide a day-to-day status level of the SOP launch.
- Initiate and develop improvements in Supply Chain with suppliers including improved packaging, transport or material stocking.
- Provides continued updated progress helping to reduce working capital in labor, materials and overhead.
- Facilitates a smooth transition of responsibilities that prevent interruptions of parts or flow of materials from suppliers.
- Drives communications and improvements in all areas of the operation.
- B.S. Degree and minimum 2 years related work experience, preferred. Or Associate’s Degree and minimum 6 years’ experience gained within a materials environment.
- Experience using MRP based systems preferred: AS400, PRMS, SRM SAP
- Proficient Knowledge using Microsoft Office.
- Excel/Word/PowerPoint, 5+ years’ experience
- Customer service/communication skills
- Analytical/problem solving skills
202 East Arlington Blvd.
Greenville, NC 27858
or call 252-321-1601