Mega Force Staffing is hiring a logistics supervisor.
Responsible for coordinating all traffic at the Ahoskie facility – inbound trucks for receiving and outbound trucks for order shipments. Responsible for scheduling order pick-up’s, coordinating with several departments including production department and inventory control to ensure due dates can be met for customer satisfaction with on-time deliveries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow company-wide written SOP for shipping & receiving department
- Review of all sales orders for requirements and restrictions on shipping and deliveries
- Obtain freight rates from common carriers (negotiate as needed using knowledge of current local regional and national rates); enter freight rates into steel program as needed
- Enter releases & BOL’s (apply mock tags or real tags); send signed BOL’s to corporate NJ (scanned copy as email attachment)
- Request MTR’s and/or chemistries and provide with orders as indicated on sales orders; provide with packing list.
- Prepare packing list for all orders
- Schedule trucks for deliveries and CPU orders – LTL and common carrier, etc
- Supervise support staff for Logistics and loading order process.
- Establish Quality standards and On Time Delivery Metrics for Ahoskie Plant.
- Maintain Production Sheet for Operations Team, Plant Manager, administrative Assistant and Plant Supervisor.
- Provide financial information to Plant Manger on current costs and trend model for planning.
- Work effectively and proactively with the assigned Ahoskie sales team ( Brian Berryhill, Mike Montler, John Hromyak and Mandy Nichols) for all coordinating for customer orders.
- Maintain daily truck schedule to ensure trucking companies and customers are not waiting for extended periods at EKSP because of the number of trucks already loading and unloading
- Contact customers and trucking companies when orders are ready for pick up (see SOP); provide release and/or release #
- COD orders: Communicate and coordinate with credit & billing departments and customers to ensure orders for COD orders are not released without receipt of check or credit card payment
- Maintain accurate recording and filing and storage of daily inbound and outbound truck logs; email to corporate on weekly basis
- Regular communication with logistics department, other onsite freight dispatch, logistics manager
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 10-year experience in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience supervising
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills, phone manners and the ability to work with others
- Basic reading and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
To learn more about this excellent opportunity please apply at Mega Force Staffing: 2001 W 15th Street Washington, N.C.