Ahoskie, NC 27910
MegaForce Staffing is now hiring a facility manager in Ahoskie, NC.
Candidate will be responsible for performing and/or overseeing all maintenance activities relating to the equipment, machines, vehicles (if any), and facility property at the Ahoskie NC facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment at all times. Ensures that debris from all ongoing projects is cleaned daily and that tools are stored in an organized, protected location.
- Formulates a maintenance & repair budget plan and communicates the plan details to Plant Manager on a regular basis and is involved with building fiscal budget and forecast.
- Establishes the best approach to maintenance solutions by a group approach to problem solving, through research, by consulting with professionals, and through past experience.
- Responds to emergency maintenance problems in a timely manner and provides prompt solutions when possible.
- Actively participates in all maintenance-related projects and all shop activities requiring immediate and preventive maintenance in a safe and efficient manner by using tools, materials and equipment appropriate for the job. All jobs are to be carried out with quality workmanship and in a professional manner.
- Recognizes the difference between short-term emergency repairs and long-term permanent solutions and ensures that all maintenance work is performed with the best interest of the company in mind with respect to cost of repairs, timeliness of the repair work, and potential for lost production.
- Develops and maintains a structured Preventive Maintenance program and trains other maintenance personnel and equipment operators with the requirements of the plan periodically and as needed.
- Sets up bending, drilling and punching equipment for production personnel. Ensures all setups yield material consistent with job specifications and tolerances.
- Makes tooling, jigs, fixtures, and other devices to enable production of new products or to improve the quality or efficiency of existing manufacturing processes.
- Implements, supports and follows all current and future safety procedures in accordance with the company-wide safety policy for manufacturing operations.
- Maintains adequate outside resources to assist with trouble shooting and repair of those items which are beyond the normal expectations of maintenance personnel (i.e. radio controls, digital electronics, drive card repairs, etc.) Schedules maintenance work to ensure minimal lost production time and ensures qualified maintenance staff is available for emergency repairs during all shifts.
- Requests purchase requisitions for all materials and equipment used for maintenance purposes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Conduct job duties in a safe and efficient manner. Abide by all safety policies and guidelines.
- Promptly report any accidents, incidents, near misses or hazardous conditions to your supervisor
- Familiarity with all EKSP forms, documents, reports related to your job function, including but not limited to forms and reports related to inventory, logistics, & production/operations departments
- Maintain neat and accurate written production documentation as required
- Communicate all pertinent job-related information to supervisor/manager on a daily basis
- Forward-thinking while learning from errors, with focus on quality and customer service, solutions and continual improvements
- Focus on efficiencies and time- and labor-saving steps; cost reduction; increased profitability
- Performs all duties as assigned
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent/ Trade School or Associates Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of direct experience
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Has knowledge of low-voltage control wiring, 120V single-phase and 480V three-phase wiring systems and the ability to trouble shoot and make repairs as needed.
- Has knowledge of AC and DC electric motors and the ability to trouble shoot, test and repair this equipment as needed.
- Has knowledge of overhead crane systems, including AC and DC drive controls, variable frequency drives, radio controls, braking systems and all related power systems.
- Has good working knowledge of CNC burning machines and the ability to trouble shoot drive systems, repair lifting stations and other mechanical systems associated with this equipment.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and repair hydraulic systems, compressed air systems, forklifts and HVAC systems.
- Has experience and knowledge related to heavy rigging and lifting and understands safe methods for the movement and installation of heavy equipment.
- Skilled with general steel fabrication, including but not limited to fitting, welding, flame cutting, sawing, shearing, punching, bending and painting.
- Ability to work from a ladder at heights up to 16’-0” or from a man-lift at heights up to 50’-0”.
To learn more about this excellent opportunity please apply at Mega Force Staffing: 2001 W 15th Street Washington, N.C. -- 252-975-3150