Mega Force Staffing of Eden, NC is currently seeking Drawtwist Operators for a textile facility in Ridgeway, VA.
5 weeks of paid training will be provided on day shift, Monday through Friday. At the end of this training period, the employee will be placed on a set 12 hour shift (7:30am – 7:30pm OR 7:30pm to 7:30am) schedule with every other weekend off. We are seeking candidates willing to work the night shift. These are excellent temp to perm opportunities and there will be an increase after the employee is hired on by the client. We provide full benefits.
- Doffs bobbins of yarn from spindles of spinning, twisting, or roving frames: Pushes button to stop machine and depresses pedal to lower ring bar, allowing yarn to wind around base of spindle to facilitate restarting.
- Removes full bobbins of yarn from machine spindles, deposits yarn in hand truck, and places empty bobbins on spindles of machine.
- Releases pedal to raise ring bar, starts machine, and pieces up breaks in roving or ties breaks in yarn ends.
- Records information, such as doff time, date, and initials to complete company form.
- Applies grease or oil to rings, using finger or oilcan.
- May change travelers.
- May brush waste from machine.
- May be designated according to machine doffed as Slubber Doffer; Spinning offer; Twister Doffer.
- Breaking open fiber bales, weighing, mixing and feeding fiber into the bale feed hoppers.
- Patrolling and inspecting the production line for potential problems.
- Taking readings on production line machinery and recording the machine settings
- Reducing material defects which exceed the parameters agreed upon by the Quality Department and the customer by patrolling the production line.
- Developing and maintaining a clean and safe work environment according to established standard procedures.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate percentages, add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to stand, to walk, to perceive distance, and to distinguish color.
- Ability to routinely use hand tools for cleaning and/or scrubbing machinery and floor around Cardroom area.
- Ability to stand for long periods, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Ability to meet company policy for attendance and work schedule requirements.
- Ability to routinely lift 30 pounds, and occasionally lift 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to work in environment with a moderate noise level.
- Ability to work in environment with wet or high humidity conditions, excessive heat and vibration. Exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers.
- Read, speak, and understand English
- Write legibly to maintain accurate records
- Able to walk and stand an entire shift
- Good vision, agility, and hand/eye coordination
If you're interested in this job opportunity, call or stop by our office!
220 E Meadow Rd. Suite #10 | Eden, NC 27288 | (336) 627-6628