Cut and Sew Supervisor
Mega Force Staffing of Eden, NC is currently seeking an experienced Cut & Sew Supervisor for a temp to hire position in Eden, NC.
The Cut & Sew Supervisor is accountable for all Cut and Sew operations including all pre and post production related activities. The Cut & Sew Supervisor initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of man power, equipment, facilities, material, and capital. The Cut & Sew Supervisor assures attainment of production objectives and schedules while maintaining product standards that will exceed our customer’s expectations. On a quarterly timeline the Cut & Sew Supervisor will be measured on pre-determined objectives for the department and will establish plans to reach plant objectives.
- Directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality control, shipping and receiving.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company’s Lean goals and Quality Management development.
- Coordinates plant activities through the planning with other departmental responsible to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Monitors AND Records overall department performance for production, LEAN and quality standards.
- Impacts and minimizes labor, overtime, premium freight costs and repair expenses on Sewing/cutting equipment.
- Orchestrate the activities of sewing team to maximize productivity in the department while continuing the development of new associates for Team growth
- Responsible of safety throughout production floor, including immediately reporting of injury or accident.
- Analyze and/or resolve work problems, and/or assist workers in solving work problems through internal QDR and Lean tools.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a high level of morale and dedication to quality product.
- Monitor and manage employee issues; tardiness, unproductive behaviors, quality issues, violations of procedures or company policies.
- Partnering with HR for solutions or guidance will be needed.
- Track and record daily hours worked for each team member and approve them daily in payroll system.
- Organize workflow and staff assignments to meet deadlines, priority Manufacturing rush request along with following guidelines of the Sample process.
- Communicate job expectations, monitoring progress, appraising results and resolving issues.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The employee is often required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch. Vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Employees may be required to lift a maximum of 30 lbs.
The employee will generally be housed in a non-climate controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to navigate within the systems are critical.
- Working knowledge of relevant software such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills.
- Understanding of internal controls.
- Excellent communication skills. – Written and verbal.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and organize; good time management skills.
- Ability to retain information (e.g., policies, procedures) or find it as needed.
- Problem solving ability.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to operate under pressure of deadlines.
- Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently.
- Ability to function in fast –paced environment.
If you're interested in this job opportunity, call or stop by our office!
220 E Meadow Rd. Suite #10 | Eden, NC 27288 | (336) 627-6628