Cut & Sew Supervisor
Eden, NC 27288
Mega Force Staffing of Eden, NC is currently seeking an experienced Cut & Sew Supervisor for a temp to hire position in Eden, NC.
The Cut & Sew Supervisor is accountable for all Cut and Sew operations, including all pre and post production related activities. The Cut & Sew Supervisor initiates, plans, and processes to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of man power, equipment, facilities, material, and capital. The Cut & Sew Supervisor assures attainment of production objectives and schedules while maintaining product standards that will exceed our customer’s expectations. On a quarterly timeline, the Cut & Sew Supervisor will be measured on predetermined objectives for the department and will establish plans to reach plant objectives.
- Directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality control, shipping and receiving.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company’s Lean goals and Quality Management development.
- Coordinates plant activities through the planning with other departments responsible to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Monitors AND records overall department performance for production, LEAN and quality standards.
- Impacts and minimizes labor, overtime, premium freight costs and repair expenses on sewing/cutting equipment.
- Orchestrates the activities of the sewing team to maximize productivity in the department while continuing the development of new associates for Team growth
- Responsible for safety throughout the production floor, including immediately reporting of injury or accident.
- Analyzes and/or resolves work problems, and/or assists workers in solving work problems through internal QDR and Lean tools.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a high level of morale and dedication to quality product.
- Monitors and manages employee issues such as tardiness, unproductive behaviors, quality issues, violations of procedures or company policies.
- Partners with HR for solutions or guidance as needed.
- Tracks and records daily hours worked for each team member and approve them daily in payroll system.
- Organizes workflow and staff assignments to meet deadlines, priority manufacturing, and rush request along with following the guidelines of the sample process.
- Communicates job expectations, monitoring progress, appraising results and resolving issues.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
You will often required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. You will occasionally be required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Employees may be required to lift a maximum of 30 lbs.
You will generally be housed in a non-climate controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Hiring Requirements: Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- Strong PC skills and the ability to navigate within the systems are critical
- Working knowledge of relevant software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills
- Understanding of internal controls
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and organize; good time management skills
- Ability to retain information (e.g. policies, procedures) or find it as needed
- Problem solving ability
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to operate under pressure of deadlines
- Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently
- Ability to function in fast–paced environment
If you have any questions about this job posting or you would like to apply, please call Rebeca at 336-627-6628.
Mega Force Staffing
220 East Meadow Road, Suite 10
Eden, NC 27288