Business Development Manager
TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Summary of Responsibilities:
Mega Force Staffing is seeking an extremely motivated and professionally driven Business Development Manager to sell staffing services in the South Charlotte and Gastonia areas. This position is primarily responsible for managing marketing and sales activities. This role is also accountable for achieving local office marketing/sales goals and is jointly responsible with the Area Operations Manager in ensuring that a high level of customer service and customer satisfaction exists with each client.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing, a thorough marketing and sales plan for the branch, including programs and activities which will aid in the attainment of weekly, monthly, and annual marketing/sales objectives.
- Effectively sell all of Mega Forces staffing services in the marketplace through prospecting, cold calls, appointment setting, networking, referrals, etc., to ensure the attainment of billable hours and profitability objectives. Business Development is expected to spend a minimum of 85% of their time involved in direct marketing/sales.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and customer satisfaction exists with each client. Ensure the principles of customer service and positive customer relations are in place and are actively pursued. Ensure that our customers’ requirements supersede our own and each customers’ unique needs are met in order for us to remain a viable alternative to competitors.
- Complete and submit weekly marketing/sales and commission reports on a timely basis to the General Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Continually evaluate the local competition and verify their location(s), clients, volume, strengths, weaknesses, services offered, rates and benefits.
- The Business Development Representative should maintain a high profile in the business community through professional organization memberships and active participation in community events.
- Monitor weekly/monthly marketing and sales goals against pre-determined targets.
- Continuously recommend and develop creative marketing strategies and techniques for expanding existing business and/or to generate new business.
- Direct and assist in the development of all local office bids and proposals, in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Assist in the modification, development and implementation of new marketing and sales materials.
- Assure an adequate supply of marketing/sales forms, brochures and supplies are maintained to effectively support marketing/sales efforts and activities.
- Communicate all necessary marketing, sales and customer service information to inside office staff via daily inter-faces and scheduled staff meetings. Information should include but is not limited to; marketing/sales progress of the office, changes, and pertinent client or potential client information that is critical in achieving our marketing and sales objectives.
- Responsible for reading and understanding all policies and procedures noted in the personnel policy manual and sales manual.
- Recommend and plan participation in local marketing/sales related events and conventions.
- Assist the Area Operations Manager with collections of monies owed to Mega Force.
- Provide back-up support to the Area Operations Manager to ensure that all accounts are managed in a professional manner and that each clients needs are met.
- Assist Area Operations Manager in maintaining profitable mark-up percentages and insuring that increases are put into place.
- Set an excellent example and quality image to all company personnel, customers, business partners and the public in general. Conducts activities as a company representative in an ethical and businesslike manner. Maintain and safeguard company assets and proprietary information.
- SELL, SELL, SELL
- Audit all exiting accounts for profitability.
- Prospect all customers for multi-site locations for future business.
- Negotiate contract renewals as needed.
- Assist in monthly or quarterly client business reviews with local operations team.
The above specific duties are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities of this position.
Sales and Marketing Experience
High School Education