Mega Force in Statesville is looking to hire a Proto Operator for a growing local manufacturing facility. Operator performs standard functions of changing of tooling and the simple operation of machines, including loading and unloading parts. Duties may vary, depending on the department.
Essential Job Functions:
Follow TSCO standards, policies and objectives.
- Operates equipment and machines accordingly to specific operational and safety instructions
- Must be able to ensure all bolts are tights, tooling is secure and machine is properly lubricated
- Ability to properly load and unload
- Maintaining general housekeeping.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have general or working knowledge, at least average skill, and some experience with ordinary to semi-complex equipment operation
- Must be able to do basic math, read a tape measure, and pass internal print reading and measurement class
- Must be able to complete tooling changes and start-up and shut-down of machines.
- Must have general knowledge of pre-determined, routine procedures to include loading and unloading of parts in machines, part inspection, blueprint reading (will train), full scale drawing use and knowledge of inspection tool use
- Must have working knowledge of common materials
- Ability to read and write and comprehend for purpose of communicating safety instructions and work directions. Be aware of and observe quality requirements. Must be able to work with manual and powered hand tools, must be able to distinguish colors.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be able to constantly sustain exertion and lifting of parts ranging from 0 to 25 lbs.
- Occasional lifting of tooling components weighing from 10 to 75 lbs.
- Operation requires constant alertness.
- Work involves likelihood of irregularity or difficulty.
- Frequent exposure to tube lubricant and burrs on tubes.
- Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
- Work involves likelihood of irregularity of work schedule to meet customer demand.
- Performing these duties will involve lifting, pulling, or pushing physical objects; standing, stooping and bending, walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Working in hot, cold, noisy work areas and being exposed to odors, fumes, and dust.
Personal Protective Equipment includes safety glasses and steel-toed boots